I am a frugal person my nature and love a great deal......
My favorite price for an item is FREE
I have always looked for ways to save, really my mom started me on it and it just grew
from there. We always shopped clearance racks first,
second hand stores, and discount stores for items
before checking full price retail stores for what we needed.
In the age of the internet purchase came new ways to do similar things.
I shop online pretty frequently especially since my move to a bigger area
because I don't like lines. When shopping Online I earn money
back by going through ebates.
The run down
- Ebates.com is a website that offers you a percentage back when you shop online
- The company gets paid to help online retailers observe online shopping experience
- The company then passes that along to you in the form of cash back
- The company alerts you to deals with companies you like or may like
- The company also alerts you to extra cash back opportunities
I have been using this service for several years and find it worth it. You can join here.
Walmart Savings Catcher
I recently added the Walmart Savings Catcher to my many apps. I was skeptical
at first because why wouldn't they simply say
no matches were found? Yeah I am a little cynical...
but when I began using the app and actually getting money back?
I was happily surprised. Slowly but surely the cash back is
The run down
- You shop as usual at Walmart
- You upload your receipt to the savings catcher app
- the Savings Catcher searches local advertised prices for what you purchased
- If you paid more than the advertised price in your area Walmart sends you the cash back
- You then have the choice of getting an e-gift card back when you are ready
- Added bonus * the app keeps your uploaded receipts in the app
I have also been aware of Freeflys for quite a while. I was sure that this
was going to be some sort of scam for spam....but I was proven
wrong the first time I received free products in the mail. It is fairly simple
to receive items and with Facebook page liking, and twitter updates you
don't even have to watch your email to know when things are being offered.
- Freeflys is a database of samples/coupons that can be requested
- The samples usually just require your address but occasionally for you to sign up for a membership( I don't do those)
- There are occasional sweepstakes (I don't do that either)
- You wait at least 2 weeks
- Check your mail
- Enjoy your free things
I love this idea because it is like a surprise every few weeks. I often
forget that I have requested a sample and when it arrives I am pleasantly
surprised. There are some times that I don't think it wise to enter my info
on most sites but most of the time the items are from reputable companies.
You can sign up at the following location here
Local grocery chain deals
So I was going to link to Kroger which offers a free item
most Fridays.I feel like an extreme couponer when
I go through with several items and pay nada.
But then I realized based on your location this may be of no help to you.
I believe it is worth it to sign up for an account at what ever grocery store
you use because most offer gas discounts, special coupons, birthday
coupons and lowered prices for members.
Walgreens and CVS
Just like mentioned above you received benefits for joining up with these
two. Frequent, almost more coupons than you can use.
Also (and this is my favorite part) Walgreens often sends
emails that have codes allowing you to get free picture prints
or photo books. I have personally used this many
MANY times. Have I mentioned I like FREE!?!?!!
If you know of any other ways I can save PLEASE let me know. I love free and cheap things ( that are equivalent to things at full price)
*This post contains affiliate links*