Is there an appropriate age to begin one's bucket list?
This past August 9th I celebrated my 27th birthday, though I am making steps toward where I want to be in life I am not quite there yet. So I began to think of what I want to accomplish and have decided to begin creating my bucket list. I don't know if this is supposed to be reserved for the end of your life. I get more done when I am held responsible for completing tasks such has having them written down. Especially for "the world" to see.
Here are a few things I have thought of so far:
1. Welcome a child(ren) into my family through biological means or adoption
2. See Alanis Morissette in concert and/or meet her
3. Attend another Usher concert
4. Do at least 3 truly spontaneous acts (I know that's not much, but I am a premeditator :) )
5. Do Karaoke or a comedy stand up set
6. After doing private practice, begin instructing college level courses
7. Experience romantic love again
This will be a working list that I plan to add to, but it feels good to know what things I really feel I need to accomplish in my life. Even if these things don't sound earth shattering to me it would be wonderful to feel there was nothing I hadn't completed that I truly wanted to. Note: there are things I plan to do that I don't feel it necessary to list because I am self assured they will take place. i.e. graduate from graduate school, pass my LCSW exam.