Pin it

Monday, April 15, 2013

Boston Marathon Explosions April 15, 2013

As a social worker I am never really surprised by the ways that people find to hurt each other. I am saddened each time that I learn of such events nonetheless. I sat sort of numb when I heard about what happened today. I had hoped that things like this would be less likely the more people were aware and vigilant. I think this just goes to show that disasters natural or man made, may never leave our existence.
I think the best we can hope to do is to be there for others when things like this happen. I also feel that there will always be others there for people in their time of need. I feel that events like this, though reminders of the evil in the world, also serve to remind us of what good there is in the world. I think it is all in the balance of life. Good could not exist without evil, it is our living reminder of what to strive against.

I have attached a link to a website that can offer some help to those of disasters. http://helpguide.org/mental/disaster_recovery_trauma_stress_coping.htm As a social worker I am a proponent for mental health recovery and asking for help when it is needed. I hope that those that lost loved ones, and those effected by injuries (mental or physical) reach for help. I hope that those around them are prepared to provide this help.

Praying for the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for you comment, leave your name please.
Also you can follow my blog by email with the link above.