Pin it

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Taking care of number one

A chance encounter last night has really brought to light the positive changes I have started to make in my life. I have been trying really hard to make decisions that may not feel good in the moment but I know are the best for me in the long run. I have also really decided not to settle for anything that is not what I feel is what God has in mind for me. For instance I don't think God wants me to settle for a man who is inconsiderate and self-centered. I would love to be with someone that I can dote over and who will do the same to me. A man who wants me to dote over him but gives the line of "you know I am not affectionate" as an excuse for him not doing the same is not good enough.

I have also been limiting the amount of situations I allow myself to invest in that will bring more stress to my life. I have a tendency to take on other's problems and attempt to fix them. I can't heal the world and every problem in it. I can be there for people without stressing myself over their issues and that is what I plan to do.

I would normally say that is is selfish for me to "take care of number one", but with all that I do for others if I don't do this who will? Along that same train of thought if I don't take care of me how long will it be before I am of no use to those that I help?

Take care of you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for you comment, leave your name please.
Also you can follow my blog by email with the link above.