Pin it

Thursday, October 24, 2013

A personal prospective of MS

What is ms like for those with the disease?


Last week during a routine Facebook browsing I happened upon a post from my friend. It made me for a second feel more like I can understand how she feels daily. What must it truly be like to lose control of your motor skills? I hope that I will never know myself, but knowing that a dear friend experiences this makes me ache for a cure for this disease.


In a month full of reminders to support breast cancer taking over every media outlet, I feel this cause is being overlooked. I agree that giving and researching for a cure for breast cancer is a very worthy cause but I don't want the others to be forgotten. I work with people living with HIV/AIDS and I want very much to eliminate the amount of people contracting and passing the disease. I also want a cure for MS so that people don't have to experience the above. Just as much as I want to have all children that are removed from their families in loving foster/adopt homes or going back to repaired families.

My point in this is there are many causes that deserve attention. For me, especially this month, MS is first and foremost on my mind. The MS walk in Waco is this weekend and I am looking forward to the comradere everyone looking for a cure. 

Please consider giving to my MS walk fundraising efforts by clicking here

I am participating in a sponsored campaign hosted by Advil®, as part of the Advil® Relief in Action campaign. I received compensation for this post. While all opinions stated are my own, I make no claims about Advil® as a product or its effectiveness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for you comment, leave your name please.
Also you can follow my blog by email with the link above.