Pin it

Monday, January 6, 2014

Soundtrack of my life 2013

Music the sound of life

For me music is integral to my daily life. I prefer to have music playing while shopping, typing, exercising, during the shower, well pretty much all the time. I listen to so much music that when I am not listening to music there is some random song in my head. If I am really enjoying the song I am usually singing/dancing along. I love having an old mp3 or cd and listening to songs I haven't in a while; memories always flood back. I can remember the time frame in which I was jamming a certain track/ album and it is such a great feeling.
So below are the songs that played in the background of my life this year. Mostly albums this time since I have more than usual and grouped into the type or feeling they inspired in me.
 
 

Guilty Pleasure Albums/Tracks

1. Ariana Grande-Yours Truly
The girl has some pipes! One of her songs reminds me so much of Mariah. My favorite tracks are Honeymoon Avenue, Tattooed Heart, and You'll Never Know
2. Miley Cyrus- Bangerz
It was very difficult to list her here. She spend the majority of 2013 writhing around naked and being credited for a dance that is at least as old as I am (28). All of this for attention for her album, which was actually good. My faves are Wrecking Ball, Adore You; Love, Money, Party; Get it Right, Drive, F.U.; and Do My Thang.
3. Chanel West Coast- Now You Know
Who knew the goofy, pretty girl from Ridiculousness could actually rap and semi-sing?
4. Selena Gomez- Stars Dance
She's an ex-Disney star but Come & Get it and B.E.A.T jam
 

Disappointing albums

1. Backstreet Boys- In A World Like This
    I really wanted to enjoy this cd, but I can't even remember which track I actually like.
2. Katy Perry- Prism
    There are a few that are okay but I was underwhelmed
3. Lady Gaga- Artpop
  I wanted to like more of the songs on here besides: Applause, G.U.Y, and Do What  You Want, Fashion!

4. John Legend- Love in the Future
   I enjoy Made to Love and Asylum.
5. Janelle Monae- The Electric Lady
Only Exception: Prime Time, Dance Apocalyptic
6. R. Kelly- Black Panties- never thought I would put him here. I love R. but this was too raunchy. I do enjoy Legs Shakin' and Cookies

Complete Albums

AKA albums that I like more tracks that not
1. Justin Timberlake- The 20/20 experience
2. Beyoncé- Beyoncé
*When I initially listened to this song it felt like I had gone to the movie rental store and picked up a Katherine Heigl movie only to pop it in and discover that it was actually a sex tape she made with her husband. While watching this unexpected movie I found the filming to be great and the music to be catchy but was I really seeing what I thought I was? I have gotten used to the Beyoncé tracks and sing along but still have mixed feelings about the content. I really don't want to be in the bedroom with Yonce and Jay. *
Favorite tracks Grown Woman, Haunted, Mine, XO, Partition (I know), and Flawless
3. Drake- Nothing Was the Same
Faves: Worst Behavior, Wu Tang Forever, Own It, Come Through (reminds me of a pointless relationship I had :), The Motion LOVE!!!!!
4. The Dream- IV Play
I could not have made it through this year without this album *High Art,
Too Early, Loving You/Crazy, Tron, Holy Love, Divine*
5. TLC- 20
So glad they made the movie and this cd with the new track: Meant to Be
6. Paramore- Paramore
7. Tamar Braxton- Love and War
   All I can say is 'She did that!'

Artists I discovered in 2013

1.Kendrick Lamar- hats off to you sir
2. Big Freedia- always makes me bounce Track: Excuse
3. Childish Gambino
 

Songs I can't resist dancing to (in any setting)

1. Freaks- French Montana feat. Nicki Minaj
2. El Teke Teke- Crazy Design
3. Happy- Pharrell Williams
4. Love More/Trumpet Lights- Chris Brown
5. Collard Greens- Schoolboy Q
6. Excuse- Big Freedia
7. Work B*tch(remix) - Britney Spears
8. Twerk It- Busta Rhymes feat Nicki Minaj
9. Bezerk/ Love Game- Eminem
10. Black Skinhead- Kanye West
11. I.D.G.A.F- Mike Posner feat Pharrell Williams
12. Give it 2 U- Robin Thicke


Others- good tracks/ albums

1. Fall Out Boy- Save Rock and Roll
2. Jay Sean- Neon
3. Kanye West- Yeezus
4. Luke James- Whispers in the Dark - I haven't had much time with this album but I love Hurt me & Be Bad
5. Miguel- Do you...., Adorn, Don't Look Back, Arch and Point, How Many Drinks?
 

Surprise finds

1. The Saturdays- Living for the Weekend
2. Stooshe- London with the Lights On
3. Tori Kelly- Dear No One- this is so about me *listen*


To check out last year's list click Here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for you comment, leave your name please.
Also you can follow my blog by email with the link above.