Pin it

Monday, July 9, 2012

Dancing outside of the box

So while I was in ATL I decided to take a dance class. Over my many years of dancing I have only worked with a few choreographers and I wanted to shake things up a little bit. I was nervous because the class that was available when I was in town was an Isomotion class that has many elements of Popping and Locking. I have never had any formal hip hop training (though I teach hip hop).
I must say I was pleasantly surprised. I picked up the choreography fairly well and I really liked the set up of the studio. There were no children around only teens and adults, which was weird in and of itself. The music was booming and when profanity was heard no one even flinched. It made me hopeful that if I ever decide to move out of my small, big town there are places I can dance that cater more toward my demographic.
If I ever move to Atlanta, I will definitely be dancing at Gotta Dance ATL!
I am so proud of myself for trying something new that I could have failed at. I usually shy away from situations that could be embarrassing or that I know I am not really prepared for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for you comment, leave your name please.
Also you can follow my blog by email with the link above.