Pin it

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Button wreath

This summer while bored due to a lack of work; I came up with the idea of putting all of those buttons I've collected over the years on display. I thought a wreath would be a good way to do this. I finally got around to finishing this tonight.
You need: 

  1. Collected buttons
  2. Wreath (your choice size)
  3. Hot glue 
  4. Scissors
  5. Ribbon (I used three different patterns)

First I decided which ribbon would be the base and planned out the desired outcome. I then attached one ribbon to be used to hang the wreath. I then began placing the base ribbon and attaching the smaller pins. I left some ribbon hanging for the bigger buttons. I looped the ribbon around for these. Once finished I went back around gluing a new ribbon around the wreath. The biggest button I placed in the middle using the two colored  ribbons. I went through a third time to fill the majority of the holes. 
Voila!


Now that it is done I realize how much of a snap shot into my life it is. My two alma maters are represented (Tarleton & Baylor), groups I belong/ed to, my favorite resturant, my passions (dance/social work), and one of the greatest trips I've taken.
Super cool. Have a great holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for you comment, leave your name please.
Also you can follow my blog by email with the link above.