Pin it

Monday, April 9, 2012

Proud Teacher

So this year I started something new with my youngest group of dancers. Instead of just focusing on the dance that we will perform at the end of the year, I have also started doing combos every two weeks. The aim of this was to get them really thinking and feeling in hip hop. They take so many other classes (ballet, jazz, lyrical, modern) that if we only do one dance in hip hop it is still pretty foreign to them.
Today I had them make up their own hip hop combo and the proud non-mama in me came out. Yes the dance was just my moves put in a new order but they had their hip hop faces on and really thought about what moves worked best with the music. I love it when a plan comes together :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for you comment, leave your name please.
Also you can follow my blog by email with the link above.