Pin it

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Day 17| What I wish I was great at

What is the thing you most wish you were great at?



I want to start by saying, I wish I were great at blogging daily such as is required for a blogging challenge. I graduated this morning and am moving tomorrow so I have been tots busy (as the teens I teach would say). And back to the show....

I wish that I was great at accepting my own greatness. I often compare myself to others and struggle with critiques. I find this funny because I often try to teach my dancers to accept critiques and to give critiques in a less negative way. I feel that many of the things that I have encountered growing up have impacted my desire to appear perfect. When someone calls attention to how humanly imperfect I am I struggle with this. I initially thought I wanted to be perfect, but I realize now that I accept that I am imperfect but want to appear to be the opposite.

As many people would attest, I am a work in progress and continue to work on this. I think that my education these past two years has helped a great deal in this area. I have been given much feedback in conjunction to being told what I do well. One of my professors labeled this "sprinkles", such as the sprinkles on top of a great ice cream sundae. When people give you critiques, try to think of them as sprinkles. Things that only make your awesomeness more awesome.

Love

2 comments:

  1. Love this entry. Really! You wrote everything that I wanted to write for long long time but I am too coward to admit it. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad someone else can relate! Thanks for the feedback.

      Delete

Thanks for you comment, leave your name please.
Also you can follow my blog by email with the link above.