Pin it

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Day 19 and 20| Significant childhood memories/my dream city

If you could live anywhere where would it be and why?

I think it would haven't be Atlanta, Georgia. I have visited there twice with my previous job. I found the views to be awesome. Driving on the crowded highway with a view of trees taller than any I had ever seen, was no where near as irritating as it is in Austin or Dallas. I also found the people there to be nice. I was able to get my hair done by people specializing in natural hair My ATL hair experience and to take a dance class.My ATL dance experience I think it's the perfect blend of big city and smaller town. But this is all based on two one day visits so what so I know. 


Describe 3 significant memoirs from your childhood


One significant memory was starting head start, I remember being very anxious separating from my mother. I also remember getting a spanking there because I didn't go to sleep during nap time. After this time i basically learned to think independently and to be sneaky. I wasn't sleepy and I thought it was ridiculous for me to have to sleep when i wasn't sleepy and wasn't talking. from then on i wouldlay quiet  when they came to check who was asleep. I also remember taking a trip to a pet store specializing in fish. I remember thinking for a long time that it was some sort of magical aquarium or something :)

Another big thing from my childhood was the death of Selena Quintanilla. I remember watching the ,live of her life over and over. This time frame really increased my love for the Latin culture. I started listening to Latino music heavily during this time. I also remember really being upset that such a beautiful soul could be killed for no reason. I think it was the first time that I was aware that good people could be killed or die "before their time".

Another super significant childhood memory happened on several occasions. I was impacted each time I moved and left the friends I had made. After 5th grade I entered a new school region and had ony one friend from elementary school with me in middle school. Luckily this was my best frond and I made It through. The loss of my middle school friends was MUCH worse. I remember staying late and making plans to keep in touch with all of them and signing things, and tears....wow I just got sad all over again. It was a hard transition because my group of friends were very close. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for you comment, leave your name please.
Also you can follow my blog by email with the link above.